Thursday, April 24, 2008

Spring?

I can't believe these pictures were taken today, April 24th! I sat with Dave and both of Dave's parents in a near blizzard trying to watch Jaron's track meet. Jaron slipped on his second long jump attempt and hyper extended his knee. He seems to be doing o.k. now. He thinks he will be able to run tomorrow. They cancelled the meet not long after the start as the weather continued to get worse.

Here we are braving the weather. Lindsay was begging to come with me to the meet, but she has been fighting a bad cough for a couple weeks. I am so glad I made her stay home with Brayden! I was totally freezing by the time I headed home. My hands were so cold just by gathering the blankets and chairs to pack up to go home. This is an experience I will remember for a long time! We hope next week brings better weather for the big Alpine Days meet. At least it isn't likely to be worse than today. I'm hoping spring arrives before summer gets here.

1 comment:

C World said...

awesome blog! wow, i can't believe the crazy weather there. i guess you can't but away the snow gear quite yet! go jaron.