Friday, April 18, 2008

Natalie's Crazy Birthday Day

Many of these pictures describe yesterday to a T. Lindsay wasn't able to make it through the first five minutes of dinner before she zonked out. I got up at 6:30 a.m. and didn't stop until 10:30 p.m. I felt like I was so busy all day! After getting ready for the day, I had to make a quick trip to Smith's. I already had a bunch of cake mixes on hand, but I have been stubbornly boycotting the high cost of eggs, so we had no eggs in the house. After I got back from getting eggs at the store, I had to get started on two birthday cakes for Natalie. She needed one for her friends party and an ice-cream cake for our family party at night. As soon as the cakes were done, we headed out to meet Dave's mom to go birthday shopping for Natalie. We went to Kohl's and Target, but we didn't really find what we were looking for. We did find shoes for Natalie at Payless. One of my favorite parts of the entire day was watching her strut up and down the store aisle swaying her hips. She knew how great she looked in those shoes! We raced home, made and cleaned up lunch and prepared for the friends that would be arriving soon for Natalie's party.
Natalie got two phone calls from grandparents in the middle of her party. She was happy to talk to them but as soon as she finished, she would run the phone back to me so she could resume playing with her friends.
I sent the kids out to play on the trampoline while Jaron and Brayden set up a treasure hunt for them.
This is the kids racing back into the house after finding a clue taped to the bottom of the mail box. The "treasure" was located in our basement under our stairs. Jaron was down under the stairs to ensure that there was no fighting, etc. You can't stand up to full height under our stairs, but Jaron attempted to and hit his head very hard on the short ceiling. Jaron came upstairs with his head split open. I helped him clean it up, and we headed over to Sara Arnold's to get a professional opinion if he needed to go to the doctor. She said he would need a few staples. I thought Jaron was going to cry when he heard the word "staples" when his head already hurt so bad. Well, I had to take Jaron to Instacare, but I had a party to finish first. I knew how important this party was to Natalie. We quickly opened presents and had cake and ice cream before I shooed everyone out of the house so I could get Jaron to the doctor. When we made it home from the doctor, I had Natalie's dinner request of Nachos to make before Dave's parents came over for a little party. It was a fun and crazy day. Natalie reminded me several times about the whipped cream. We didn't forget. She got a huge mouthful. I hope Natalie had a great 6th b-day!

1 comment:

Dina said...

Why on earth didn't I fly up for the party and to buy Natalie something pink??? I'm lame! I'm so glad she had a great birthday.