Friday, May 2, 2008

Happy 15th Anniversary!

In many ways it seems much longer than 15 years. Not to say that things have dragged on, but Dave and I have known each other for a long time. I went through a few of our old pics. Man, we used to be so young! The first pic is from 1988. That is the Wakley family station wagon in the background that Dave got to drive.
This is Dave's Jr. Prom. Incidentally, this is April 29th (our anniversary) 1989.
This is our engagement picture that was on our wedding invitations.
We had our reception at the Lion House in Salt Lake.
This is on the Salt Lake Temple grounds.
Our anniversary this year wasn't very eventful. Neither Dave nor I were feeling well. Dave brought home a Cafe Rio burrito for us to share. I fed the kids before he got home, and we rented a video for them to watch so we could have time to ourselves. Everything didn't turn out like we planned when Jaron came to us after the movie asking for help with a school project. We spent most of the rest of the evening helping him look for comic strips on the internet that were about certain subjects, like self-esteem, goal setting, ineffective communication, etc. Dave and I were on separate computers looking for comics. We laughed a lot, but it certainly wasn't what we had in mind. We'll have to have a "make-up" anniversary night soon.

Dave is absolutely the perfect husband for me in every way! I am so excited that I get to spend forever with him!

4 comments:

Amie said...

Fun to see old pictures of you guys. You are the perfect match... I'm glad you had a good day.

bv said...

I am actually one of David's co-workers and have been quietly enjoying your blog since he pointed it out recently!

Happy Anniversary to you both! I giggled seeing the pictures of your past and I must say that the station wagon was rockin!!!

It's funny how much we all change with time and such. I think it's awesome that the two of you are such a strong example of everything good! In today's absolutely crazy world 15 years together should earn you a noble prize or something of that magnitude!

Enjoy your weekend and keep David off of his work computer!!!

bv said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
C World said...

LOVE the high school pictures!!! wow, 15 years. has it gone by fast?