Wednesday, April 16, 2008

I Turned 35 Yesterday!

This was 20 years ago! I can't believe how time flies! When did I get so old? It seems like just a few years ago, I was in high school. Now- I have a couple kids not too far away from starting high school themselves! I had a great day despite my old age.
I spent the morning cleaning, more than I had planned to because I was outside the day before for nearly the whole day, and I got nothing accomplished in my house. My visiting teachers showed up in the morning with a beautiful bouquet of flowers. My old college roommates and friends- Amie and Heather came over with their kids for the day. I hadn't seen either of them in over 3 1/2 years. We scheduled our get-together when the weather was supposed to be in the 70's, but we ended up with 40's, wind, and snow. The kids were great though, and Amie, Heather, and I were able to visit for several hours. It was so fun catching up, and after they left I felt disappointed in myself for letting so much time go by without planning a time to see one another before then. We now have a date scheduled when the three of us are going to meet for dinner in a couple of months. I am determined to keep these friendships intact, and I will not let time get away from me again!Dave was so sweet! He was determined to make dinner for me even though it was too cold to barbecue outside. He isn't that comfortable around the kitchen, so I am always touched that he wants to cook for me. He called me 3 or 4 times from the store, because he wasn't sure about ingredients, but the dinner ended up turning out great! We had homemade cheese steak sandwiches with roast beef, onions, peppers, and Swiss cheese on hoagie buns. Heather brought over fresh pineapple as a birthday gift. I don't think she had any idea that fresh pineapple is my favorite fruit, and we added it to our dinner menu. We had a little celebration afterward with with me, Dave, and the kids. Everyone chipped in money to buy me some sweet gifts, and each of them also made me homemade gifts that I love. We had cupcakes that Amie brought over and mint chocolate chip ice-cream. I unknowingly started a new tradition on Bryce's birthday. I sprayed whip cream straight into his mouth. He loved it, and yesterday he asked if he could spray whipped cream in my mouth. I initially said no because I didn't really want cream, but then I thought of how much Bryce would enjoy spraying it in my mouth, and said he could. He was so thrilled. Now, Natalie can't wait for her birthday tomorrow so we can spray cream in her mouth. I love traditions, and it is so funny how little ones creep in and become an important part of our lives. I had a great birthday, and I feel so blessed to have so many wonderful people in my life!









5 comments:

Lindz said...

Happy Belated Birthday!! =)

Marci said...

Happy Birthday! Look at how much sun you got on Monday. That's it, I'm going to start venturing over to Concord in the afternoons. Over here just Lindsay and I go outside!

Brian and Kelli said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY Tiff! I love you! I'm glad you had such a great day! Tell Heather and Amie "hi" from me!

Dina said...

Awww...happy late birthday!! And 35 is young... :)

Amie said...

It was fun to see you! I felt bad crashing your birthday... I'm glad you had a fun night with your family too.

Happy Birthday!