Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Happy Very Belated Birthday Dad!

I finally took my dad out to the lunch I promised him for his birthday that was back on Feb. 21st. I didn't forget, life just gets busy. We met at NuSkin, and walked across the street to a little Chinese dive called the Lotus Garden. He had eaten there several times, and he and my mom had both talked about it. Well, I love Chinese, so I had to try it. It was an all-you-can-eat buffet...not great for me trying to lose weight, but oh well. I tried to be farely good but I didn't do great. I will definitely be going back there! My favorite part was the Mongolian Grill where you fill up a bowl of any meats, shrimp, vegetables (mmm... onions and mushrooms were half my bowl) and a teriyaki sauce that they cook for you right there. I took Lindsay along with me. She wasn't really hungry because she ate lunch with Natalie before we left, but she kept eyeing my broccoli. I offered her so many different things, and she tried a few, but kept insisting on the broccoli. Grandpa offered to take her to get ice cream with him and she was all smiles when she returned. They brought back a bowl that had a little of all the different flavors they offered plus some cake, pudding, and strawberries. She couldn't stop smiling. Grandpa also gave Lindsay a balloon, which she accidentally let go of as we were walking back to the car. I thought that was the end of that balloon, when my dad took off after it (and it was breezy outside and there was quite a bit of traffic there on Center St. in Provo). Lindsay was very pleased that he returned safely with her balloon. As I left, my dad and I agreed that we have to get together more often. I really had an enjoyable time.
As a bonus, Lindsay fell asleep on the way to lunch, and on the way home from lunch. Two naps in one day... that never happens. Here she is asleep on the couch with the balloon from Grandpa.

No comments: