Friday, April 11, 2008

General Conference Tradition


Every General Conference, after the Sunday sessions, my siblings and their families meet at our parents' home for hoagies. We used to meet after the first session, have lunch, and watch the 2nd session together. But now, my parents have 19 grandchildren all living close by, and nobody gets to listen to any of the last session with all those kids running around! So, we wisely changed it to after the final session in October of last year. It is a fun tradition that we have been doing since my mom married into the Goddard family. I remember going to Grandma Goddard's and having hoagies when I was younger. It will always be a fond memory I associate with General Conference. My kids expect it now too. As soon as we mention that General Conference is coming up, they always mention, "We are going to Grandma and Grandpa's for hoagies, right?"

1 comment:

Amie said...

I agree with waiting until after to meet.... anymore I want to sit and take notes and don't love being distracted.

I hope someone reminds me when I am older that I was going to be the good grandma who does things like this...