Monday, April 7, 2008

Our Kitchen Project




This winter has been full of home improvement and decorating projects. We finished our kitchen about 2 weeks ago, and we are so happy with the results. It took about 6 weeks from start to finish. We replaced our ugly fluorescent light box with recessed lights, added crown molding to our cabinets, painted the kitchen walls, painted the cabinets, added cabinet hardware, and added cubbies above our fridge. These are some before and after pics. I didn't think to take before pictures until right before Dave started to do the molding, so it is a bit messy, but I am so glad I did it anyway. All we need to do now is get new chairs to go in the kitchen, and add some artwork to the walls.

6 comments:

Sheree said...

I LOVE it! Wow, that looks amazing. I love how you used the area above the fridge too, very cute. I love white cabinets, and your paint color is just perfect. Fun! Hey about the chairs, the RC Willey clearance outlet is at 90000 and Redwood Rd now, so you could have Dave stop by on his way home from work--much easier than the airport.

Amie said...

I'm so glad you called and told me about your blog!

Your kitchen looks great. You guys are always so impressive with the home projects you take on. I'm excited to see what else you are up to... I hope you get addicted to posting.

Amie said...

I forgot to ask if I could link you... I did. Let me know if you want me to take it off....

Lindz said...

So glad you got your blog up & running Tiff!! And I LOVE your cabinets...your kitchen looks great! What a difference paint makes, huh? And the color looks great too! I'll have to come over & check it out in person some time!

Becky said...

I found your blog through somebody else in the neighborhood. How fun is that. Anyway, I love your kitchen. It looks great and gives me incentive to actually finish mine! It is definitely time 1 1/2 years later. lol
Becky Leonard

Queen of the Universe aka Steph said...

That looks so good! I love the way it turned out! What color is the kitchen now?