Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Bye, Bye Rats

We all said goodbye to most of the rats today. It was definitely time to get rid of them though. We had 13 rats living in very small quarters. It was quite the ordeal just to separate out the 10 we were taking to the pet store, and the 3 we were keeping. There were rats jumping everywhere!
Those baby rats are like baby kangaroos! I thought the kids would be more upset about getting rid of them, but they did fine. They realized now that the rats have grown so much, that we can't keep them. Their room was starting to smell like a pet store! It is just very difficult to keep a cage clean with so many rats!
As we drove to the pet store, I was crossing my fingers that they wouldn't give us a hard time about bringing all those rats to them without any notice. We walked into the store, explained the situation, and they took them, no questions asked. It went very smoothly. I was very relieved.
I just hope we actually picked out 2 baby females for us to keep. I made Brayden triple check our rats, and I hope we didn't goof.

No comments: