Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Mother's Day

I had a wonderful Mother's Day. I really didn't do much of anything, which is a nice change because the past few weeks have been so busy! The kids made adorable gifts for me. Dave helped the girls make handprint flowers with a cute picture of each of them in the middle. Bryce made me some flowers that had chores he would do around the house. He is always begging to do more chores around the house. Brayden made some awesome stick figure artwork of our family to hang on our wall in the kitchen. Jaron wrote me a sweet letter. Dave gave me some pretty yellow roses and the quesadilla maker I asked for after doing our Cinco de Mayo party at Kelli's. I used the quesadilla maker last night, and I love it.

I loved watching most of the Jazz game after going to church. I did fall asleep at half time and didn't wake up until it was almost the 4th quarter. It felt wonderful to take a nap! After a thrilling Jazz victory, Dave grilled up some steaks for dinner. I tried my hand at making onion rings. I have been craving onion rings for the last few days, so I decided to try making them. They were so yummy! We had delicious strawberry shortcake for dessert. We ended the day watching the Boston Red Sox game. The entire day was perfect to me! I know most women wouldn't love to spend hour after hour watching sports on TV- but I love it!

This day was very near perfection! The favorite part was spending the entire day at home as a family!

No comments: