Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Hope of America

Brayden's teacher called Dave while I was in California to let us know that Brayden would be receiving the Hope of America Award. This award is to recognize and encourage students who have demonstrated academic accomplishments, leadership and good character. The Kiwanis Club presented this award to one boy and girl in each 6th grade class. Dave and I were hiding up on stage with the other parents of kids to receive the award so the kids would be surprised when their names were called. It was so much fun to be there for his big accomplishment. We are so proud of Brayden! He is such a dedicated, determined young man. We are so proud that he works so hard to accomplish everything he sets his mind to do. He has straight 100 percents in all of his subjects in school. A while ago, I told Brayden that when I was about 11 years old, I went an entire year without candy and my mom paid me $100 for doing it. He came to me one day and asked if I would pay him $100 if he went without candy for a year. I said I would. He made it to the year mark, earned his $100, and continued to not eat candy. It has now been 2 1/2 years that he has gone without candy, all of his own accord. When President Hinckley put out the challenge to read the Book of Mormon by the end of the year, Brayden was determined to follow the prophet and read the entire Book of Mormon cover to cover in those few months. He did it, and was only 9 years old at the time. Brayden will accomplish anything he sets his mind to. He is also so kind and considerate of others. We are so proud of him!

1 comment:

C World said...

go brayden! what an honor! wow, he's determined about going without candy...just like his uncle cameron! i'm impressed! i'm sure his teeth are healthy too!