Monday, August 4, 2008

Loving Bugs

The Wakleys and Gockens spent Thursday evening playing with praying mantises and grasshoppers. They kids had a bucket full of them, and enjoyed showing them off to us. I nearly jumped out of my seat as they took the lid off the bucket, and I almost got a grasshopper in my face. Here is Lindsay with a praying mantis.
Lindsay doesn't seem to mind bugs at all. I know she used to love bugs when she was much younger, but I thought she might have grown out of it. Not so.
Dave couldn't help joining in the fun by using his new iphone to look up praying mantis online to find out some interesting facts. He found out it isn't so great to be a male praying mantis. Dave doesn't particularly like candid shots of himself, but oh well.
Brayden seemed less interested in the bugs, so he started bringing out his rats to see if they would eat the bugs or try to play with them. Two of the rats ignored the bugs. The last one seemed very interested in killing them so we made Brayden take the rat inside. I think we ruined his fun.
Here are Cameron and Lindsay showing off their grasshoppers.

1 comment:

Queen of the Universe aka Steph said...

Eeew! That's hilarious! Lexy is the same way...
I ate a dead grasshopper when I was 2, but I never did and still don't like bugs.