Saturday, August 16, 2008

Dad's Visit

My dad, "Papa" to our kids, made a trip up to visit us last week all by himself, which meant we got to spend a lot of time with him. He lives in California, and has a 2nd home in Midway, so he comes up every few months; however, we don't see a lot of him unless he travels alone. When Cathy comes along, they always have a busy schedule and have a lot of things planned to do. I love it when he comes and we just get to hang out with him. All the grandkids love to crawl all over him. I have so much fun watching him interact with my kids because it reminds me of how he was with us growing up. He is such a tease! He came up Wednesday night, and the fun started at our house. We hung out and visited and watched "Nim's Island" on the side of our house. On Thursay, we went to a park out in Highland. Later that evening we went to Classic Skating. On Friday, we went to 7 Peaks. Saturday, we spent the day at Deer Creek. Here is my dad with Lindsay at 7 Peaks.
Here are a bunch of the cousins in the lazy river. When we woke up this morning, it was raining and overcast, and the forecast called for scattered thunderstorms all day. We made the decision to go to 7 Peaks anyway, and we are so glad we did! Even though it was a Friday, it was deserted! It was overcast for just a short time, and then it was beautiful the rest of the day.
Natalie put on her own sun screen and got a little too much!
Here is Tori and Natalie with Papa.
Lindsay couldn't get enough of Andrew (Kelli's youngest). She loved holding him and feeding him and making him smile.

I wish I had more pictures of the activities we did with my dad before 7 Peaks. My dad's visit happened to fall on the week that Jaron and Brayden were at Scout Camp, and Dave took the camera with him on Thurdsay. I'll post about our Deer Creek excursion soon.

1 comment:

Amie said...

I love your Dad. I think it is so great he comes up to hang out with you guys. He always seemed like he sincerely liked us (the friends) and was happy to see us... I see what a gift that is now that I have kids. I'm glad you guys had a fun weekend.

Thanks for your comments. (Isn't nice to know who is there?) I also haven't forgotten about the kitchen... it is clean and ready. You still want it right?