Monday, June 16, 2008

Father's Day

We had a great Father's Day. I hope Dave felt so too. This is a picture of Natalie and Lindsay just before Dave started to open his presents Sunday morning.
This is Lindsay's present to Dave: a very nicely colored Spongebob Square Pants. That is by far Lindsay's favorite show. It makes me cringe to think that my kids watch it so much, but it is Dave's favorite cartoon, and I gave up a while ago trying to keep the kids from watching it. Natalie made an adorable picture of our family.
This is Dave opening Jaron's gift of homemade ice-cream sandwiches made with macadamia nut cookies and chocolate chip cookie dough ice cream.
This is the gift Brayden and I spent countless hours on. We are very happy with the results. This is a street with buildings, and everything in this picture is of our life together. We tried to go mostly in chronological order from left to right. Every word and picture has meaning to us.
Here is a close-up of Lindsay's gift.
This is Natalie's gift.
We were waiting several minutes for Bryce so we could open presents. He finally came downstairs with a paper that he had quickly written "Happy Father's Day" on. I asked him where his real gift was, and he started crying that he couldn't find it. He was very distraught for a while. I felt so bad. He said he wanted Dad to open his presents, and he would look for the gift he made later. Brayden went up to help him look after Dave had opened all the other presents, and they found it. Here is Bryce's real gift.
Here is a close-up view of the gift Brayden and I made.
I hope you had a great Father's Day, Dave. I love you so much! You are a wonderful Dad!

3 comments:

The Kohler Family said...

Those gifts are all so cute!..especially the one that you and Brayden made. What an original idea! That is so cool! I so know what you mean about spongebob squarepants. I tried to ban those shows from my house..now I turn them on and tell the girls to watch them so I can get a little more sleep!:)
-Kahlia

Amie said...

I love the picture you and Brayden made... awesome. I love that I recognized almost everything on it. I'm sure because I was around during the right year in your life. I didn't see an Austrailia memory? Did I miss it?

Happy Father's Day Dave!

(Are we still on for tomorrow night?)

Queen of the Universe aka Steph said...

That is so cool! I didn't get a chance to look at it on Father's Day, it's so creative! I love it. There are a few things I'll have to ask you about of course...